November 16, 2021 3 min read 0 Comments
5 Good Tips for Joint Health During Long Car Rides
Supporting joint health can make a car ride comfortable and more enjoyable. Here are a few ideas to make those long trips easier.
Why Joint Health and Support Matters
So there are reasons why after a few hours in a car your supported joint health keeps things comfortable, especially helpful when you’re sitting in the same position.
There are other ways to make your road trip adventures more comfortable and enjoyable too.
Tips for A More Enjoyable Car Ride
1. Bring along a cushion or some extra pillows to stay comfortable while on your trip. This can include a seat cushion, a lumbar cushion, or a pillow for your neck. Or a combination of all three or just a couple. These pillows will support your spine and neck while driving or as a passenger.
2. Be sure to take breaks while on your trip. You might think that straight-through driving will let you arrive quicker, but stopping and moving will be a welcomed break and support mobility.
You could stop and have a picnic or walk around a little bit to stretch your legs. While you’re taking your break, you could decide to switch drivers for a while. Changing drivers will give your joints time to relax, so you're not in one position the whole trip. The key is to take regular breaks to support joint comfort.
3. When you take your breaks, do some gentle stretches to help support mobility and blood flow. For example, you can do a few of the following:
Calf stretches:Place your hands against the car. Lean forward and place one foot about 12 inches in front of the other foot. Next, place your weight to your front foot while keeping your back heel against the ground. Keep both feet pointed forward. Then bend your back knee a bit to stretch your lower calf. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds, do twice, and switch sides.
Shoulder shrugs:Raise both of your shoulders up to your ears and then shrug your shoulders back down. Then bring your shoulder blades together by inching them slowly backward. Do this exercise 10 to 15 times.
Car cat/Cow: Place your arms on top of the steering wheel. Then arch your back and curve it forward. Do this exercise 10 to 15 times.
4. The way you sit in your car can significantly impact how comfortable you are on your trip. If you're the driver, rotate your upper and lower back instead of just moving your neck when checking for blind spots or putting the car in reverse.
5. You can also support natural joint mobility with supplements like VeraFlex Healthy Joint Support. Made by AloeCure®, this dietary supplement helps support joint wellness naturally. It helps you to maintain natural joint mobility and comfort with enhanced absorption and ingredient protection provided by AloeCure's proprietary Aloprin pure Aloe Vera powder.
VeraFlex features the award-winning ingredient UP466 which has been shown to help support joint function in clinically studies. Made entirely from plant-based ingredients, participants of the study reported fast acting support for joint comfort and mobility within 7 days of use. Plus, this product is made in a GMP & NSF certified facility and features a powerful duo of plant based ingredients designed to complement your body naturally.
After your trip, getting a good night's sleep is vital for healthy joints. Melatonin + Collagen Beauty Sleep can help you to achieve that night’s sleep peacefully while supporting joint health too.
Taking a long car ride can put more stress on your body than you think. But using these tips and supporting your body with supplements will help ensure your trip is an enjoyable one. Get ready to get out and adventure and also see your loved ones and give yourself the best chance to arrive refreshed and ready to go!
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …